SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
– Due to COVID-19, Overeaters Anonymous will not be meeting in person at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church until further notice. For more information, call 415-246-0064.
– Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture Musician-in-Residence Tom Galvin will host this program featuring singer/songwriters from across the country sharing their work. The event will take place on the Yuba Sutter Arts Facebook page and YouTube channel, starting at 1 p.m.
– Our Lady of Lourdes School will hold its annual crab meal at St. Bernadette’s Hall, 745 Ware Ave., Colusa, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Dinner will include crab, enchiladas, salad, bread and dessert. Beer and wine will also be available and a live auction will take place. Admission is $65 per person or $120 per pair. Tables that seat eight can also be purchased for $500 and include two bottles of wine. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 458-8208 or visit https://tinyurl.com/2cbmkthk.
– The Yuba City Education Foundation will host the 12th Annual Have a Heart for Kids 5K Walk/Run at the River Valley High School Football Stadium, beginning at 9 a.m. Registration costs $25 for adults and $15 for children. For more information or to register, visit https://tinyurl.com/2p96kuxc.
– A “Planning a successful retirement” webinar will be held via Zoom, starting at 10 a.m. This virtual pre-retirement event is designed specifically for anyone close to retirement and presenters include Joanna Leong and Thu Doung, CalSTRS benefits advisors. The event is co-sponsored by California Retired Teachers Association (CalRTA) Zone II Division 53, which represents Colusa, Sutter, and Yuba counties, and county offices of education in Zones I and II. For more information, email [email protected]
– The Yuba City Moose Lodge will host the annual Chili Cook-Off to benefit the Yuba-Suter American Cancer Society. Enjoy chili tastings, music, door prizes, kids’ activities and more. Tickets can be purchased for $5 at Yuba City Moose Lodge, 205 S. Walton Ave., Yuba City. Children eight and under will be admitted free. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, a contest participant or for more information on tickets, contact Tara Croghan at 530-632-1460.
– The Yuba Sutter Symphony’s Young Artist Showcase Concert will be presented at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, 1390 Franklin Road, Yuba City, beginning at 7 p.m. The concert is free and open to the public, but donations will be accepted. Attendees will be required to wear a face mask.
We hope you find this daily calendar of local events useful. You can help us by letting us know of any events that should be listed for the general public. Email us at [email protected] or call 749-6552. Be sure to provide your contact information. Thank you!
(Are you a club or organization that meets regularly? We can include that…let us know.)