Want to create your own calendar? You can create a calendar with pictures or text in Word using templates or your own design. This guide will tell you how.
Having trouble finding a calendar in the format you want? Would you like more space on your calendar or a different layout? If so, creating your own calendar in Word might be a good option.
You can choose to create a calendar entirely from scratch, or you can speed up the process by using one of the pre-made calendar templates that come with the word processing application.
Ready to start? You can create a calendar in Word as you like by following the steps below.
How to Create a Calendar in Word Using Tables
If you want to create a calendar that meets your exact specifications, you can do it all from scratch using tables in Word. This allows you to design the exact layout you want for your calendar.
To create a calendar in Word using tables:
- Open a new Word document.
- Hurry Walk in repeatedly to move the cursor down the page.
- Click it Insert menu.
- In the ribbon, click the Table icon.
- Click and hold square top left and drag a Table 7×6.
- Fill in the days of the week in the top row.
- Fill in the dates of the month, using another calendar as a reference.
- Highlight any dates that are outside of the current month.
- In the House menu, click the Text color icon and select a gray color.
- Repeat for all other dates outside of the current month.
- Click it Insert menu.
- Click it Text zone icon and select Simple text box.
- Use the text box handles to drag the text box to match the width of your table. You may need to move your table around to get the text box to fit the size you want.
- Enter the text you want for the title of your calendar page.
- In the House menu, use the font tools to select the font size and style you want for your calendar text.
- When you are happy with your work, save your file. If you want to create more, skip to next month’s creation.
How to Create a Calendar in Word Using Templates
If all of the above sounds a bit too much like hard work and you want to create a calendar with just a few clicks, you can use Word templates. There are pre-made calendar templates that can help you create your own calendar in moments.
To create a calendar using Word templates:
- Open a new document.
- Click on New and type Calendar in the search field.
- Select one of the calendar templates.
- Click on Create.
- Select the month and date you want for your calendar.
- Click on Themes to choose from the list of themes for your calendar.
- To select from a range of different color themes, click Colors.
- Click on Fonts to choose the fonts for your calendar.
- If you need to change the dates for a different month, click Select new dates.
- Choose the month and year you want to edit.
- When you are happy with your schedule, save your file. You can then repeat the process for other months if you wish.
Get creative with Word
Learning how to create a calendar in Word is just one way to use the popular spreadsheet program for more than just text documents.
For example, you can insert and edit pictures in Word. You can make these images transparent when creating flyers and compress images in Word to reduce your file size. You can even rotate text in Word to make your documents even more creative.