Advent calendars filled with delicious food and drink have become extremely popular in recent years and a Welsh cheese company has gone all out (or whole brie, maybe) and released a calendar of pure Welsh cheeses.
The Welsh Cheese Company’s Giant Welsh Cheese Advent Calendar brings you 24 days of dairy-filled goodness – with lots of cheese, we imagine for that odd time between Christmas and New Years when eating cheese is a big deal. major hobby.
Read more:Great Welsh winners of the 2021 Great Taste Awards
The calendar is a celebration of Welsh cheese making, with content ranging from creamy soft cheeses, cheddar and blues, priced at £ 149 with free home delivery.
It’s a showcase of some of Wales’ best cheese makers, including Caws Cenarth, Caws Teifi, Pant Mawr Cheeses, The Snowdonia Cheese Company, Brooke’s Dairy and Y Cwt Caws.
Containing a whopping 4.2 kilograms of dairy delicacies, the extravagant advent calendar is made up of four distinct triangles. Each individual triangle measures 51cm wide by 32.5cm high and has been designed to be placed separately in a refrigerator for storage.
When the triangles are arranged together to create a Christmas tree shape, the calendar is over three feet wide and is considered the largest food calendar on the market for 2021.
If the giant is a bit rich for your pallet or large for your fridge, they also sell a mini cheesy advent calendar – this one will set you back £ 38.
The founder of The Welsh Cheese Company, Tom Pinder, said: “Our mission is to celebrate and champion the delicious Welsh cheeses from artisan cheesemakers across Wales, so we thought it would be wonderful to bring some together. a whole range in a giant Advent calendar. .
“While four kilos of cheese sounds like a bit of a crazy amount, everything in the calendar would last at least until the new year, so it’s perfect if you’re planning a big reunion on Christmas or New Year’s Eve; it’s is an advent calendar definitely made to be shared!
Here’s the full list of cheeses on the Advent Calendar:
1. Cenarth Brie – Rich and creamy Brie style cheese (200g)
2 . Bouncing berry – Ripened cheddar with sweet dried cranberries (200g)
3. Heb enw – Goat Cheese (120g)
4. Cryf – Extra matured Cheddar (200g)
5. Angiddy – Soft brie-style cheese (150g)
6. Red thunderstorm – Leicester Red Vintage (200g)
7. Tysilio – Goat Cheese (180g)
8. Harlech – Horseradish and Parsley Cheddar (150g)
9. Beech – Naturally smoked ripened cheddar (200g)
ten. Perl Wen – Creamy white rind cheese (200g)
11. Organic halloumi (180g)
12. Caws Preseli – Soft cheese with white rind (200g)
13. Truffle – Extra matured cheddar with black summer truffle (150g)
14. Black sheep – Creamy sheep cheese (150g)
15. Tintern – Cheddar with onions, chives and shallots (150g)
16. Ffetys – Feta Style Cheese (120g)
17. Ffili – Light and creamy organic Caerffili (200g)
18. Heb Enw Smoked – Goat Cheese (120g)
19. Drewi Sant – Soft cheese washed with mead (200g)
20. Ruby mist – Cheddar matured with Port and Brandy (200g)
21. Y Fenni – Whole mustard and beer cheddar (150g)
22. Smoked cerwyn – Smoked Oak Cheddar (200g)
23. Black bomber – Extra matured Cheddar (200g)
24. Perl Las – Creamy blue veined cheese (200g)
For more information on The Welsh Cheese Company Advent Calendars, visit their website.
Sign up for our What’s On newsletter to receive all the latest updates straight to your inbox here.